Sunday, December 20, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year





Hello Everyone,


It's time once again for my Christmas blog post.  This is the last blogpost of the year and for the foreseeable future. Well, I wish I could say that it's been the happiest of years but by all accounts it hasn't. We all know what's been going on around the world, but I don't want to dwell on that now. It's Christmas!

Christmas time is a time for peace and love and goodwill among men, women, and children. It's also a time to reflect on the past year.

For me 2015's professional highlights include having a series of four books published by Gardens by the Bay, being the guest of honour at the Little Treasures Kindergarten Graduation, and speaking at both the All In Young Writers Media Festival and The Asian Festival of Children's Content. 


As we all know, every year brings with it a series of lessons for each of us and this year was no different.  Some lessons have been a  positive pleasure; others powerfully painful. This is the most important lesson I've learned this year:  Cherish your friends and family for both their qualities and their faults, in good times and in bad; always try to treat them with kindness, honesty, love and respect no matter what the circumstances. For in the end, besides your family, your friends are the only ones on whom you can truly count and that fact should never ever be taken for granted. I never knew I had so many friends who, for lack of a better word,  truly love me and I love them loads in return. I'm an open book so they always know where they stand with me. And by all accounts most of them consider me a good friend too, or at least that's what they've told me. Words don't always express your affection and appreciation, and sometimes you can't  say what you have to say but actions do, and true friends will always realise that. Thank you to you all. 

Recently, I have been keeping to myself for personal reasons. I have been taking and will continue to take an indefinite hiatus from facebook, twitter and this blog. I will be going away for some time for much-needed rest and recuperation and I look forward to a new year which will be filled with a sense of hope, loads of laughs, and the possibility of great happiness. Till then I wish you much love, peace and joy.

May everyone have a Blessed Merry Christmas
and a very Happy New Year

Goodbye and Lots of Love,
Dave xxx 









2 comments:

  1. Hello, David...we all need to step away for a moment...I'm glad you know you have those who will be thinking of you, even if you are not blogging or tweeting or posting to Facebook...and I hope you know that I am one of those. :)

    I've been told that we are all our own worst critic...my sister says she if often disappointed because her expectations are too high...I look at your accomplishments, David, and am awestruck...so many beautiful picture books that are enjoyed by so many children. My wish to you is for a New Year filled with sunshine, even on the rainiest of days. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a personal problem that is at the heart of this and well added to the other struggles I've had with writing and publishing over the years. Well, it's been a pretty unbearable end of the year.

      Delete

Search This Blog