Thursday, May 2, 2013

London Day Six

So the last day of the fair was upon us. I went to the last of my meetings with Enrico and then we headed out for lunch before Enrico headed back home to Belgium. The three days went by in a flash or a bit of a blur or both. 

Back at the fair I watched the exhibitors start dismantling the booths. So much hard work was put into the fair by everyone and it was kind of sad to see that the fair was over so quickly.

As I took one last walk around, I saw a biography on Hugh Jackman that I had been looking for in the book stores, I asked the exhibitor where I could buy a copy since I couldn't find it in the stores. She very kindly went to the shelf, picked it up and handed it to me. Wow! It was incredibly nice of her and I thanked her profusely.



After that I headed back to the hotel with Kenneth and Celine before heading out to the newly opened Wolfson and Tay bookstore and cafe for a poetry reading. Edmund from Epigram joined us for our scenic cab ride to the venue. See if you can regonize this building, which got blown up in a recent Bond movie.



After the reading we headed for a Vietnamese restaurant that Celine recommended in Soho. I ordered the beef pho. 




We were all pretty exhausted so we then took the tube back to Earls Court for the last night at our hotel The Jade. The next morning we had arranged to stay at the Think Apartments by Tower Bride.  I finished the last of my packing and then I managed to have the first full night of sleep. The trip was almost at an end and I was finally getting over my jet lag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog