Friday, June 6, 2014

AFCC Day 5

So the last day of AFCC was here. It's kind of sad how fast these festivals pass but then again that's a sign of a great festival.  First up my friend Emily Lim invited me for breakfast with Frané Lessac and Cristy Burne along with Emma and Sarah. 



I told them that whomever I give my books to tend to fall pregnant. Cristy definitely did not want any of my books. LOL


 

After breakfast, we headed to the library where Emma was taking part in the pitch incubator, a session where Eric Huang and Mark Checkley walked participants through the elements of a pitch. It was perfect timing as Emma, Sarah and I all had speed pitching appointments with both Eric and Mark right after that.




Emma had the honour of pitching during the session and she did a great job I think. Though, Eric and Mark did offer her some pointers to make it even better.



Let's just say that I was a bundle of nerves at the speed pitching session, but Eric couldn't have been nicer and that relaxed me for my pitching sessions with Mark and Galen.

With the sessions over and done with, Emma, Simon, and I darted off to Seah Street for lunch with our agents Andrea and Helen.




With our tummies full of chicken rice, we made it back in time for Andrew Weale and Ho Lee Ling's  amazing session about school visits. I learned a lot and I'm definitely using some of their ideas!







As Andrew was flying back to the UK early the next morning, he wanted to visit the Raffles Hotel one last time, so along with Auntie Susanna we visited the Long Bar for peanuts and ginger beer!




And then it was time to head back to the library for the last official event of the AFCC, the closing dinner: Makan & Mingle.

1 comment:

  1. David! What will my husband say?! Luckily, I put my faith in modern science :-) Thanks for a great conference!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog