Saturday, September 15, 2012

At the Gardens with the Duke and Duchess of Cambride pt 3



The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge



The Duchess of Cambridge

And so they disembarked, the Duke went one way; the Duchess went the other. The screams grew louder...as the Duchess approached Alice, the small girl my mum had given the flowers to and she bent down and asked Alice for her name. Alice told the Duchess that she had a pretty dress and the Duchess replied so did Alice.

HRH, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge


The Duchess looking at my sketch



The Duchess of Cambridge accepts my bouquet


























The Duchess of Cambridge accepts the flowers and portrait
After spending a few precious moments with the little one Catherine started slowly moving over to our side of the barriers. My Mum and niece beckoned her towards us. Looking at the pencil sketch that I drew, she asked my niece if she drew it. She shook her head and pointed at me and said: "My uncle did." That's when I put my hand up like I was a student in a classroom who couldn't wait to answer the teacher's question to get the reward...



The sketch

 Mum then showed her the photo I had taken of her mother-in-law 20 years ago and asked if she would give it to William.


The photo I took of Princess Diana 20 years ago




"Of course I will," she said...and then that's when my mum also gave her something else..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog