Tuesday, April 29, 2014

London Day Six, 2014

This was the last day of the London Book Fair and after meeting countless authors, editors and fellow writers, I was exhausted. I walked with Celine to the fair while Kenneth was off to a business breakfast. It's always kind of sad when a fair comes to a close because so much anticipation has been built up towards the start of it and then everything seems to happen so quickly and before you know it, it's over.

After spending a couple of hours at the fair, I was exhausted and headed back to the hotel for a short nap. I hadn't gotten over my jet lag yet and when I woke up I decided to go to Leceister Square for lunch. I settled on a fast food Chinese lunch of fluorescent sweet and sour pork and fried rice. I knew that was a big mistake as soon as I took a bite, but I was so hungry that I wolfed it all down anyway.

Right in front of the Odeon Cinema, crews were setting up for the red carpet for the Spiderman premiere. I had already attended the Spiderman event here in Singapore and was lucky enough to meet  Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. 



There were masses of fans waiting to get on the red carpet and I had facebook messaged blogger James of James Meets about the event and he had told me the best place to stand if I wanted to see the stars, but by the time I got there...there were about 300 people in the queue ahead of me so I decided not to stay in queue and head back to the fair. I didn't really mind as I had already met the cast the week before my trip and I met some very nice people there and them a local publication featuring Spiderman on the cover so that they could get it autographed.

After making my way out of the crowd,  I walked towards Trafalgar Square, stopping at the National Portrait Gallery and buying a couple of souvenirs there. Then I headed back to the fair to help Kenneth and Celine start packing up.






After packing up we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the last event for the Singapore team, a poetry reading. Ken, Celine, Kiru and Annabelle wrapped things up and we headed back to the hotel to pack up.

The fair was officially over and the second part of our trip had started!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog