Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Meeting with My Agents

Helen, Jay, Andrea and me

With the Singapore Writers Festival in full swing, my agents - see the photo above - took time to have a  morning meeting with me to touch base and discuss the possibilities for my published and unpublished manuscripts. It was great catching up with them again after their trip to the Frankfurt Book Festival. 

Some of my fellow writers have asked me about signing on with a literary agency. Well, let me put it this way, I've been writing for a long time and I only signed with my first agent two years ago and I just signed with the ladies above around two months ago. Yes, I'm very, very lucky to have my agents, but it took me a very long time to find them.

I've got a lot of writing to do between now and the beginning of the year so my agents can pitch my stories to potential publishers. Speaking of potential publishers, Jay, Helen and Andrea have been busy organising the SWF Publishing Symposium, which was amazing. I'm so glad I managed to attend it and I suggest that you attend it next year. 

The buffet lunch


The talks and workshops were amazing and whether your a writer, publisher or an editor, you'll gain new insights into the industry. I ran into fellow authors Adan and Felicia, Emma, Simon, Evelyn, Ovidia, Tiffany (who is also represented by Jacaranda) and we all agreed the sessions were great.

Tomorrow, I'm headed back to the Festival for another day of talks and workshops. Oh, if you've got kids, you might like to bring them down because Adan and Felicia will be conducting a Sherlock Sam Treasure hunt, which the kids will definitely enjoy. In fact, I may even take part in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog