Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Singtel Singapore Grand Prix 2010 Pt 2 (Saturday)

The Press Room @ the Paddock
As I stepped out of the suite, I walked across the corridor which overlooked the Paddock area, where I spotted Mark Webber posing for pics with some fans and Jenson Button stepping into the MClaren headquarters after stopping to answer some questions from reporters.

Mark Webber



F1 2009 World Champ Jenson Button


I tried taking some photos from the third level but they didn't turn out as I had hoped, but I really wasn't too bothered about that as I had met the two drivers  a few days before.

My growling stomach screamed: Feed Me! so I headed back to the suite where I bumped into my friends Darryl and Nora. After catching up

Darryl and Nora at the Paddock Club
with them for a bit, I headed down to the second floor,  where celebrity master chef Jean Georges Vongerichten and a team of chefs were whipping up such culinary masterpieces such as Foie Gras with caviar, Tuna Tartare, wagyu beef hamburgers with truffle oil.



Foie Gras with caviar


I caught up with more family there before I decided to head on down for the 'Pit Walk', where  guests get the opportunity to view the team garages up close.  

As I was lining up for the walk I spotted a familiar face - Rupert Grint aka Ron Weasley of the Harry Potter films who was obviously there to watch the race with us muggles.

He stopped for a quick photo but I have no idea what the deal is with those Yoko Ono sunglasses at night!




Rupert Grint aka Ron Weasley

Lotus's Heikki Kovalainen at the Pit
 As the line for the pit walk had grown to large I decided to head back up to the suite to watch the race that would determine the pole positions for the Grand Prix the next day and that's pretty much how I spent the rest of the evening, before heading home...To Be Continued...
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog