Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jeremy's Gems



Do you remember the Bill Cosby Show 'Kids Say the Darndest Things' ? Well, I would also say they do the darndest things and more. When my niece and nephews were younger they would always do and say things that would capture my imagination. Kids nowadays are a lot smarter than I used to be, that's for sure. (My 2 year old niece Ashley Flora [right] is a real fire cracker).

Read on and you'll see just what I mean.




When I was on a family holiday at a beach resort in Thailand  I spotted some bikini-clad babes basking in the sun (Well, obviously, it was a beach resort, right?). I observed from a distance. When Jeremy asked me what I was looking at, I pointed toward the beach beauties. With a shrug and a disapproving sigh, Jeremy said, "Yeah, they're pretty but when I'm a man, they'll be grandmas!"  He was only three years old at the time, believe it or not.

Aware of my family's perpetual quest to find a nice gal for me, he took it upon himself to play matchmaker on the flight home. With a glint in his eye and a cheeky grin, he attracted the attention of a flight attendant and asked,  "Do you have a boyfriend?"  My siblings chuckled uncontrollably knowing perfectly well where the direction of the conversation was headed. I slinked down in my seat and buried my face  in the in-flight sales magazine, hoping that this would blow over.

The aforementioned flight attendant was spoken for, but she invited him to the galley, and when he emerged beaming, his arms were overflowing with stuffed toys, coloring books and crayons. As he took his seat, he proudly declared: "She loves me!" Believe me, Jeremy's done a lot more classic things but I'm saving those stories for now.

So do your kids say or do the darndest things?

1 comment:

  1. I have bunches of nieces and nephews, it always a pleasure seeing the world through their eyes. I learn that my 2 yr. old nephew now calls me honey. His grandfather explained to me that when I fight for the floor during our family gatherings that I always preface my story of the day with "Honey......."( the do say and think way beyond their years!)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog