Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poopsies

When I was just a baby my big brother lent me his one and only  teddy bear. In a show of gratitude, or maybe I was just being territorial, I promptly pooped all over it. That incident scarred my brother as it did his beloved teddy. And he has never let me forget about it!

Which brings me to today's topic -  poopsies. How many parents out there are having a hard time training their kids to go poopsies by themselves. I'm asking because my cousin Gaby  is in the midst of training her youngest to go potty by himself.  Is it harder to train a girl or a boy to go potty by themselves?

Are boys more possessive of their poopsies? I know that my nephews, one in particular, enjoyed giving me  blow-by-blow accounts of their poopsie movements. Maybe it's harder to train boys because they enjoy sharing the experience. I don't know. What do you think?

So please let me know what are your preferred methods of  potty training. What works, what doesn't? Is there a need for books about potty training? Talk to you soon. D

2 comments:

  1. Potty training needs to be timed to the child's developmental readiness to be trained. No point wasting time before they are able to tell when their bladder or bowels need emptying. Just have to deal with yucky nappies for 18 months per child. Deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes the grown-ups don't know when they are going to go pooping, so for a child, I think it is one poopie diaper at time; they reach an age that they don't want u there with them; I think a book would be good, but how would u illustrate that.....lol......heather

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog