Sunday, November 20, 2016

Another year older…not any wiser...

Birthday with the family and our new baby boy: Kobe Brydog

Birthdays are a time for us to reflect on the year that’s passed. I know there are some people who dismiss birthdays as just another day in the year of the life of…. But my family always goes all out for anyone’s birthday and this year they did so again for mine and 
I’m very grateful.

But birthdays also make me a little sad because though I am thankful for what I have, it makes me reflect on the previous year of my life…or previous years. It also makes me wonder whether I’ve spent so much of my life writing children’s books for nothing and sadly each year seems to confirm that fact, but I keep plugging on.  With writing kids books, especially here in Singapore, you put in so much effort for so little pay off that it really does not seem worth it at all.

So has another year made me any wiser, I don’t think so. I’m still writing and venturing into middle grade and YA territory. I have a few more projects I have to finish up and then we’ll see what I do next.

It also makes me sad because I’ve been told time and time again  that when people first meet me they think that I’m nuts. I’m off beat and it takes time for them to realize that I’m not so different from them. Just goes to show, you should never judge a book by its cover, pardon the pun.

Hopefully the year ahead will be better than the last for me. I don’t think I’d be able to survive another year like the last.  Thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes.

Dx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog