Friday, April 1, 2016

#FF One of My Favourite Pieces of Mail

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a big royalist and I have been incredibly lucky to have had the honour of meeting a few royals over the years, but I have to say that I got the biggest surprise when I received a parcel from the royal post late last week.


the envelope

Now maybe I'm a huge supporter because I'm a children's book author and I've always liked listening to stories about kings and queens, or maybe it's because  support for the monarchy was passed down to me genetically via my British grandmother, but I digress.

I recently  wrote to HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, saying that as a children's book author, I appreciated her championing children's literarcy and that I remembered that HRH the Prince of Wales wrote The Old Man of Lochnaggar, but I had never been able to get my hands on a copy of it. I sent her two copies of my self- published books  for her to read to her grandchildren.




Then late last week I received a registered package in the royal post and I puzzled for a moment and then it struck me who it was from!  I ripped it open and out fell a copy of The Old Man of Lochaggar! Then I pulled out a small envelope that featured a prominent "C" monogram.



I grabbed the letter opener, sliced the envelope open, and pulled out a neatly folded letter.  I would tell you what the Duchess wrote but that's private and confidential - I know I'm bad, aren't I? OK, the gist of it was that she thanked me for the books and said that she was sending me a copy of The Old Man of Lochnaggar because I hadn't been able to get one here.

I was floored! Gobsmacked! Shocked! And very, very touched and humbled  that she would take the time to write back, and furthermore take time to send me a copy of the book. It's needless to say that I'm thrilled. 

So here's a big thank you to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall for her very kind and thoughtful gesture. It is much appreciated. I look forward to reading HRH's book and will be discussing it on my blog right here! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog