Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hamleys in Singapore

I was beside myself with anticipation when Mum told me that my favourite store would be opening a branch in Singapore at Plaza Singapura. 

Yay! Hamleys was my childhood toy store and when we were living in London we made frequent visits there. Founded in 1760 something, the place is just magical for kids and adults alike.


Press coverage said there would be over 10,000 toys ranging from toy soldiers to teddy bears and even toys for adults.  I envisioned tin soldiers of the Queen's Household Cavalry and action figures from iconic shows such as Dr Who and perhaps dolls of members of the Royal family. Basically a lot of stuff that you won't find in any other generic sterile Toys 'R' Us type toy store. Basically my expectations were pretty high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog