Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Book Club: The Colour of Magic



Last night Catherine hosted our monthly book club and The late great Terry Pratchett's Disc World Novel The Colour of Magic was our book of the month. Felicia, was so effusive about it that we all thought it would be a fantastic read.

Guess what? It wasn't. Most of us couldn't get through it and some of us didn't even read it. Let me just say I found it a real page turner. I turned the pages and put it back down. I couldn't get in to it at all.

Since we didn't finish reading the book,  we spent the evening catching up on things: travel, the chemical make up of Vicks vaporub, The Avengers: Age of Ultron - spoiler alert: there are a couple of deaths - and lots of other things. Ben just got back from an amazing trip to of all places -Iran! And he highly recommends it. Ken and Adan recently came back from the London Book Fair. I had originally planned to go to but I had to cancel at last minute! So I'm still majorly bummed about missing the trip.


Adan, Kenneth and some dude at the book fair. (Taken from Book Council FB Page)

Before I sign off,  I've got to welcome to our newest book club member, Claire Thamboo! I would say that we've got a pretty nice number of members to our little group now! Ben suggested our next book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.




Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget