Tuesday, May 20, 2014

STAR STRUCK IN SINGAPORE

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge movie buff and collecting autographs is my hobby. I lucked out on the red carpet at the Olivier Awards in London last month, meeting the likes of Martin Freeman, James McAvoy and Tom Hiddleston.

Tom Hiddleston


And while I was still there, I heard that Hugh Jackman, Peter
Dinklage and Fan Bing Bing would be here for the X-Men Experience. I've had the pleasure of meeting Hugh before in Perth while he was on his very successful 'The Boy From Oz' tour and he is very fan friendly so I had no doubt that he would sign up a storm on the blue carpet if time permitted.


Hugh Jackman poses for me in Perth
My Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy autographs signed in person.


I was sure that the turn out for this event would be huge as other red carpet events for Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Seth Rogen and Zhang Ziyi, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx have been massively crowded in the past.



Tom Cruise

Seth Rogen

Tom Hanks
Andrew Garfield

Zhang Ziyi


Then when I arrived back in Singapore, my friend Ray told me that Zachary Quinto (Heroes, Star Trek) would be in town filming Agent 47 with Rupert Friend (Pride and Prejudice, Homeland). I met Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr Spock years ago, and I thought it would be cool if I could meet the new Mr Spock too.

As luck would have it, a friend and I managed to spot both Rupert and Zachary a short time later and I managed to give them my books as a souvenir of their stay here.


Rupert Friend

Rupert's autograph



Zachary Quinto
Zachary's autograph

After the thrill of meeting Rupert and Zachary, I found out another celebrity was headed to our shores and that was Victoria Beckham, I managed to spot her from a distance but my friends Ray and Manfred managed to get some one on one time with the fashion designer and mum. 


Victoria Beckham at On Pedder

A few days later, I found myself on the blue carpet in front of Shaw House waiting for the XMen Experience Live, part of the worldwide publicity blitz for XMen: Days of Future Past.

As predicted the fans started lining up well before noon and by 5pm, the place was packed. Hugh was the first to hit the red carpet
and he was followed by Peter Dinklage and Fan Bing Bing.


Hugh Jackman


Ray and I were quite far down the line on the red carpet and by the time that Hugh reached us the organizers were ready to rush the stars along. Hugh scrawled a quick autograph on the sketch I did of him. It was similar to what most other fans got but Ray lucked out and got a 'Hugh Jackman' autograph on his poster. Then Fan Bing Bing  came over and signed my poster but I totally missed out on Peter Dinklage. I was somewhat disappointed but you can't win them all.


Hugh Jackman and Fan Bing Bing


Add caption


Fan BingBing autograph

A few days after the excitement of the XMen Experience, the lovey  Kate Bosworth Jetted into town for the Audi Fashion Festival.  Manfred, Daniel, Joyce and I were lucky enough to meet her after a fan meet and greet and she could not have been more charming or down to earth. She's stunning and person as well. What a thrill!

Kate Bosworth and me



Kate Bosworth's autograph



She took her time to pose for photos and sign autographs for each of us before she headed off for another event.  I managed  to give her a copy of A Day with the Duchess as a souvenir and she kindly thanked me. Thank you, Ms Bosworth! And with that a very exciting but tiring celebrity-packed few weeks came to an end.  

But wait, stars are still headed our way as of this very moment. Youtube sensations will be hitting town this very week and Nikki Reed will be here shooting a horror flick as will Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult later this year. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the star-filled coming months.

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget