Friday, November 15, 2013

13th Budding Writers Project



On Tuesday evening I decked myself out to go to the formal prize giving ceremony of Marshall Cavendish's 13th Budding Writers Project at the Pod at the National Library. I was honoured to have been one of the judges and I have to say that I was impressed by the talent these young writers possess.

The winners were:
  • Bottle Diary, written & illustrated by Xu Zhuo, Teck Ghee Primary School
  • Super Shroom, written by Chiang Yan Xin & Kwa Mei Jun, and illustrated by Chew Xiu Yan, Nanyang Girls’ High School

And the MOST CREATIVE & ORIGINAL WORK went to Willy and the Warthog, written & illustrated by Claire Tan Wen Yen, Methodist Girls’ School.



Kenneth Quek accepting a token of appreciation for
NBDCS
I have to two other authors who were finalists and who I feel have bright futures as authors. And they are potential best-selling crime author Charles Windle for his story and A Clueless Murder and Joshua Leong for The Story of Wormy. Congratulations to winners, the finalists and all the participants. Well done!





Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget