Tuesday, April 30, 2013

London Day Five

So I started day for by doing laundry at the laundromat that I used in the neighbourhood back when I was on a school trip back in the 1990s.
Where I stayed when I was in school



Walking back from the laundromat

With laundry done I headed back to the fair for my meetings for the day, after which I headed off with Enrico to get ready for the biggest event of the day which was my panel discussion at Daunt Books in Chelsea.

Since I was making an appearance at Daunt Books I couldn't very well show up in my usual attire of t-shirt and shorts, could I? Thankfully my big brother very kindly gave me a nice new suit for the occasion, a Cerrutti 1881 one.  I managed to wrinkle it in the suit case, so while I left it the bathroom to steam out the wrinkles, Enrico and I took a quick jaunt to Harrods, where he had never been before.

Harrods


Of course we have the usual Harrods items at the Takashimaya department store in Singapore so we decided to peruse the Millionaires section of the store, lustfully gazing at items we will never, ever be able to afford in this life time or the next one. Of course, Enrico had to have an obligatory photo taken by the store just to prove that he had been there!!

Enrico at Harrods


Then it was time to  head back to the hotel to get ready for the panel discussion at Daunt. By the time we got back, my suit and steamed out nicely and thankfully I remembered how to tie a tie more or less.

Then we grabbed a cab and headed to Daunt Books. I'm not a very good public speaker so I was rather anxious...or more than rather anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog