Friday, March 29, 2013

Dinner and Tea with Susanna, Julie and Me




After we finished our workshop we headed out for dinner with  Susanna's niece Julie, who met us at the hotel. We took a nice, slow walk to the restaurant, a popular noodle house, which was so packed that we had to share a table with a couple and a lone Caucasian bloke who must have been feeling like he didn't really belong so after downing his bowl of noodles he skedaddled out of there. We all ordered the beef noodles...as I had a scratchy throat and a bit of a cough, I decided to skip the spicy noodles in favour of the mild ones. I have to say it was really good though, so good that I was tempted to order another bowl, but I  finished our vegetable side dish instead and washed it all down with a glass of coca cola.

With dinner done, we took a walk to Central before heading to Exchange Square where my brother and sister-in-law used to work. On the way we stopped at a 7-11 to pick up some drinks and snacks and of course some panadol cold and flu relief for me. Then we stopped off for some tea-at of all places- TWG!!

We stayed until closing time, when the staff had to tell us they were locking up. Pooped from the long day, Julie gave us a lift back to the hotel and we literally hit the sack...the panadol worked so well that I got four hours of sleep that night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog