Wednesday, April 25, 2012

London day # 3

24 March 2012


I was looking forward to lunch with noted children's book historian and author Leonard Marcus at Rules restaurant and the fact that I was famished didn't have anything to do with it.  But I was just worried that I wouldn't be able to say anything intelligent- not that that has stopped me from saying anything before.


Kenneth Quek and Leonard Marcus at Rules Restaurant
Well, it turns out that I didn't have much to worry about because there was a lot to talk about and while Kenneth discussed the AFCC and children's books, I peppered Mr Marcus with a series of questions. UPDATE: I've been added to as his Facebook friend...Yay!


Anyway Kenneth and Mr Marcus had the roast beef, while I once again had the fish and chips. I really should have had the venison instead but I didn't want to think of a bambi-like fawn as I took a bite out of his mom. Anyway it was a nice lunch and it was a pleasure meeting Mr. Marcus and I look forward to his keynote address at this year's AFCC.


Zach Braff
After lunch, we darted down to the Duke of York Theatre where we almost fell asleep, OK I did fall asleep, for a portion of Zach Braff's All New People. It wasn't because it wasn't entertaining, it was more of a post lunch siesta scenario. I managed to shake of a case of the sleeps to watch most of the play. It was very entertaining, I have to say.


Chris and Julian after dinner 
We walked back to the hotel and after freshening up a bit, we headed by tube to Vauxhall where Gee had arranged for us to have dinner with his very entertaining friend Julian. We finally crashed back at our hotel after midnight. It was already our last full day in London!

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget