Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bologna Children's Book Fair Day # 2


video
20 March 2011



video
(uh-oh, he spotted me...got to dash)

So Kenneth set up the Singapore Showcase at the SCBWI booth on the second day of the fair and as you can see he did a bang up job and attracted curious onlooker. I'd like to say that my books had something to do with it, but the reality is that they didn't, why would they?
Kenneth Quek, SCBWI Singapore RA sets up the Singapore Showcase




Job done: Kenneth with the Singapore Showcase


Lin Oliver with Kathleen Ahrens on the right and the translator.
Also from Left to Right: The back of heads of Chris Cheng, Binnie and Anita
Also Lin Oliver, executive director and Co-Founder of SCBWI  held an in conversation moderated by Kathleen Ahrens.  I also managed to get Tioka, Aquisitions Editor  with Hachette to have a look at Catherine Carvell's manuscript Darcy Moon and the Tyrannical Tyke Hoon and she gave it a really positive review. Trust me, people Catherine's going to be a best-selling author. I wish I could write as well as she does. 
Tioka with Catherine's manuscript

 After after that, we headed back to the hotel to call it a night...I had to get ready for my make-or-break interviews the following day. 
The second day ended with a champagne and cake celebration at the SCBWI booth.


SCBWI Celebration with Chris Cheng, John Shelley, Kathleen Ahrens
Angela Cerrito and Lin Oliver






Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget