Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Singtel Singapore Grand Prix 2010

Busses headed to the Paddock Club

This year, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Paddock Club once again, thanks  my brother and sister in law I was lucky enought o view the practice session and the main race and, yes, to people watch. Once again we headed down to the National Stadium to go through the prerequisite security checks and to be bussed into the F1 circuit.


The  Paddock Club Pass

At the F1 circuit there was another round of security checks - our passes were checked and our carry-through items - camera bags, waist pouches etc had to be screened before we were waved on through into the Paddock Club. I don't know why, but every time I go through a metal detector I set it off and the security personnel always insist on checking my bags. 




Guests were already mingling at the outdoor cocktail area, soaking in the sights and sounds of THE sporting event of the year and noshing on appetizers like lobster sliders, while being entertained by classical girl band Escala.

Elsewhere in the F1 park, guests were being treated to performances by several musical acts and loads of ladies headed down to catch the men of Chippendales. I think my friend Joyce found it one of the highlights of the entire race.

We made our way to the third floor suite and were offered cold wet towels for our brows, drinks and appetizers as we were shown to our table. I grabbed a pair of earplugs and ventured out to explore the rest of the Paddock.
Paddock Club ear plugs

To Be Continued...














No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog