Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Time in the City

Hi everyone,

It's hot, it's humid and it's wet and it's rainy. A typical Christmas in Singapore. No snow in Singapore unless you're talking snow of the manufactured variety at Snow City, not quite the same thing as the real deal. Has everyone done their Christmas shopping? I've got everything sorted out for the kids, it's just the grown ups I have to worry about.

Ah kids. I remember it wasn't too long ago that I had my niece and nephews convinced that I had Santa's personal cell phone number to get them to behave. Always told them Santa was out, or that he wouldn't take calls from kids before the big day. Now that they're older they say I was a big fat liar! LIAR!

Anyway another tradition was tracking Santa on Norad. http://www.noradsanta.org/.  Since  9/11, Santa C's got government agency watching out for his personal safety and that's a good thing too, since no one wants anything to happen to the man in red.

Which brings me to some things that I never really understood about the man. I mean does he wear that fur trimmed wollen suit all the time? Even in humid, tropical climates? Think about the sweat stains man, really. Hope he's got extra strength deodorant

2 comments:

  1. I think Santa wears a tshirt and jammers for delivering in the islands and other tropical spheres, at least that what's the postcards from Hawaii show. He always wears the beard and hat though. Does Santa use the chimney to get in the houses in Singapore? The man's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen, nope. He uses window, balcony or the front door. All that sliding down the chimney makes his bottom sore!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog